Food Styling + Photography
|Davide Luciano from my Iphone |
1. Any one in your family come from a food background?
We're Italian! We talk about what we will make for dinner while we are eating lunch! No one comes from a food background but my brothers and I are all work with food. They own an Italian bakery in Montreal called La Cornetteria.
2. How long have you been styling? Shooting?
3. What are your inspirations for projects, any notable stylists you admire?
It really depends on the project I'm working on, if I am working on something seasonal, I am really inspired by the actual ingredients. I get so inspired at the Farmers Market. I also find a lot of inspiration online and in food magazines. I am very much inspired by Mariana Velasquez, she is an incredibly talented food stylist and he work is always fresh and delicious looking. I also admire Victoria Granof's work, I love how playful and conceptual it is.
4. When did you start your blog?
I don't really have a blog. I have one that's attached to my website, It's just a place I use to showcase some recent projects in depth and this reminds me that it needs to be updated!!
5. Where is the farthest you have traveled for a styling job?
I've styled in NYC, Boston and Montreal.
7. Do you have a preference over what type of work you style/photograph? (restaurants, editorial...)
I love change, so having different projects all the time is what I love most. Each project brings new challenges from which I learn and that keeps things interesting for me.
8. Favorite thing to cook.
Lately, I've been really into making soups at home. It's the perfect time of year for it and I am loving all the gorgeous produce at the farmer's market.
9. Favorite thing to photograph?
Anything with gorgeous color and texture like fresh fruits & veggies. I also enjoy photographing food stories that evoke emotion.